Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nutrition is more than a numbers game

Hello my friend!

Do you know that I am drinking a glass of wine while I blog?  Chardonnay if you're interested.  Yes, loving it.  What? How can I write about nutrition and drink wine at the same time?  Because I believe that food is for enjoyment as much as it is for nourishment.  

My goal is to present useful information about food and nutrition in a way that is not Yawns-ville.  Fair warning that the media will try to dupe you.  They will exhaust you with updates, warnings and fear based on the latest studies.  And the numbers!  Oy!  The ranges for healthy hearts and total fats - UGH!  

Seriously, let's talk about something interesting! 
Pineapple is anti-inflammatory.  Laryngitis?  If you eat fresh pineapple for a day, your voice will return to 50% by the next morning.  Now - THAT'S useful information!!

Please join my blog, my friend - I promise to make it fun!

Pineapple in 5 minutes from prep to plate: 
  • A ripe pineapple is golden and you can pluck out a center leaf easily
  • Cut off the top and bottom, stand it up on your cutting board and carve off the sides
  • The center is too hard to eat, so slice off the sides and toss the core
  • You should have several slices of juicy pineapple to cube and serve.  
  • Kids LOVE it!!

Try it and let me know how it goes!
 ~ Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment